FlightSimBuilder 530 Instructions
The great news is that this is a Plug and Play solution so once you plug your unit to your PC or Mac, it will recognize it as "FlightSimBuilder 530" joystick.
Once in flight simulator, you would just undock the GPS unit and move it to the unit screen.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Mapping
1. Download FlightSimBuilder Launcher
2. Run Setup, this will install the launcher and create a link on desktop
3. Run Launcher from Desktop
2. Select your Installation Type
4. Click "Launch MSFS 2020"
Once it's moved hold Left Alt and press Enter to get rid of header on top.
X-Plane Mapping (YouTube Instructional Video)
There are two opions to get the mapping to X-Plane.
Option 1 (beta). Please go X-Plane and assign one (any button) to FlightSimBuilder GNS 530
2. Download FlightSimBuilder GNS 539.joy file and re-place in to "X-Plane 11\Resources\joystick configs" folder
Option 2 (manual). Manually assign buttons (one time) Please see below screenshots of appropriate mapping.
2. To remove the bezel around GPS:
a. If you are using with default X-Plane 530, you need to download the following file Garmin_530_2d.png (right click and select "Save Link As") and place it "\X-Plane 11\Resources\bitmaps\cockpit\radios\GPS FMS" folder. It will ask to replace the default file, say OK.
3. Launch X-Plane
3. Left click on GNS 530 in the sim
4. Click on top right corner to Undock it. The button on the top right corner is somewhat hidden but you can see it in the video.
5. Move the GPS to the unit screen
If you are using Reality-XP GNS 530, you need to
1. Change in the settings to have "no bezel".
2. Under Advanced Settings in the Plugin menu, it’s under “Use Simulator GPS Commands”